The three initial concept ideas is in relation to enrich user experience in a research journey to Alexander McQueen.
Alexander McQueen – A collections of artefacts and archives (Database)
Three Initial Ideas:
- VR Headwear Computer – Google Daydream Alike
- AR Headwear Computer – Microsoft HoloLens Alike
- An Open Source Systematic Research – Google Search Engine Alike
VR Headwear Computer (Google Daydream)
- Virtual interface
- Interact with remote or hand
- Search with voice or with categories
- Search anywhere with from the device
- Present in a timeline/materials/collections
AR Headwear Computer (Microsoft HoloLens)
- Scan a QR code to present a digital 3D artefact for interaction
- Able to project the artefact into the real world
- Voice recognition – Shazam
- Image recognition – Project Tango
- List and grid view
An Open Source Systematic Research
- Access the collections/database from anywhere
- Customisable filter in year, release date and collections
- List and grid view
- 3600 view of the artefact
Daydream believer: The 15 best Google VR apps you can install right now. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.cnet.com/pictures/best-google-daydream-apps/. [Accessed: 13 February 2017].
Statt, N. and 0000, 00 + (2015) Microsoft’s HoloLens explained: How it works and why it’s different. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/microsoft-hololens-explained-how-it-works-and-why-its-different/. [Accessed: 13 February 2017].
Reality, V. (2015) What is virtual reality? – virtual reality. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.vrs.org.uk/virtual-reality/what-is-virtual-reality.html. [Accessed: 13 February 2017].
kelly, kevin (2016) The untold story of magic leap, the world’s most secretive startup. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.wired.com/2016/04/magic-leap-vr/. [Accessed: 12 February 2017].
Ripton, J. and Prasuethsut, L. (2015) The VR race: What you need to know about Oculus rift, HTC Vive and more. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/the-vr-race-who-s-closest-to-making-vr-a-reality-1266538. [Accessed: 12 February 2017].
Bonsor, K. (2001) How augmented reality works. [ONLINE] Available at: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/augmented-reality.htm. [Accessed: 12 February 2017].
Solsman, J.E. and 0800, 00 – (2017) Say hi to Snapchat and specs, your secret AR ‘gateway drug’. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.cnet.com/news/snapchat-spectacles-snap-ipo-augmented-reality-ar-pokemon-go/. [Accessed: 12 February 2017].